This course provides a practical appreciation of how to apply COBIT 5 to specific business problems, pain points, trigger events and risk scenarios within the organisation. You will learn how to implement and apply COBIT 5 into your enterprise and how to effectively use it for client initiatives. Attendees will walk away with an appreciation of how to effectively use COBIT 5 for different organisational scenarios.
The course material is supported by practical exercises and case-based scenarios. Candidates learn how to apply the COBIT 5 continual improvement lifecycle approach to address requirements and establish and maintain a sustainable approach to governing and managing enterprise IT as “normal business practice”.
This course COBIT® Implementation (3 jours) (ISACA®) is aimed to core IT professionals working in IT management and governance, and more specifically to:
- IT specialists who want to learn how to implement COBIT 5,
- IT Management who want to get an appreciation of how to use COBIT 5 for their project and programme initiatives,
- Project & Programme managers who want to add COBIT 5 Implementation to their experience,
- Consultants who want to be able to implement COBIT 5 at their clients.
It is a mandatory requirement for all candidates to have passed the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam before applying for and attending this training and certificate course.
On completion of this training and exam candidates will be able to apply the COBIT 5 good practice continual improvement lifecycle approach to GEIT, tailored to suit the needs of a specific enterprise. In particular:
- Analyse the enterprise drivers
- Apply the implementation challenges, their root causes and success factors
- Assess current process capability
- Determine target process capability
- Scope and plan improvements
- Consider practical implementation factors
- Identify and avoid potential pitfalls
- Leverage the latest good practices
- Apply the COBIT 5 continual improvement lifecycle approach to address these requirements and establish and maintain a sustainable approach to governing and managing enterprise IT as “normal business practice”.
Welcome & Introduction
- Understanding GEIT
- Leveraging COBIT 5 & Integrating frameworks, standards and good practices
- Recap principles & 7 enablers
First Steps / Getting Started
- Creating the appropriate environment
- Recap of the Continual Life Cycle Model
- Pain Points & Trigger Events
- Stakeholder Involvement Needs/enterprise goals mapped to pain points & trigger events
- Key Success factors
Phase 1: Initiate the Programme
- Root Causes
- Success factors
- Roles in phase
- Phase Description & Objective
- Continual Improvement Tasks
- Change Enablement Tasks
- Programme Management Tasks
- Processes (changes per phase)
- Process Purpose
- Management practices
Phases 2 & 3: Define Problems and opportunities
Phases 4 & 5: Plan & Execute
Phases 6 & 7: Realise the Benefits
- Tips and tricks
- Mock exam
Online exam (2h 30mn)
Closing and questions
The official COBIT 5 Implementation certificate exam (APMG/ISACA) is included in the session.
The exam consists of 80 multiple-choice questions covering all areas of the COBIT 5 Implementation syllabus, to be answered in 2 hours 30 minutes (or 3 hours 10 minutes for non-native English speakers). This is an open book exam. The required pass mark is 50% or 40 correct answers. The exam takes place immediately at the end of the course.
CISA® - CISM® - CGEIT® - COBIT® - ISO 27001 - ITIL® - PRINCE2® - RESILIA® - VeriSM™ - ISO 20000 - DevOps
CGEIT® - CRISC™ - COBIT® - ISO 27001 - Audit
The following terms and conditions apply for bookings:
- the session is led by a trainer accredited by ISACA/APMG on the COBIT 5 Implementation domain,
- personalized welcome in the classroom with mineral water and breaks ,
- accredited training material,
- the offical ISACA publication: COBIT 5 - Implementation Guide (printed document),
- the offical ISACA publication: COBIT 5 - Enabling Processes (printed document),
- exam preparation,
- a group of 10 participants max. in order to ensure the quality of the training delivery.
Course fees must be paid at least 10 working days prior to the commencement of the course in order to guarantee your place. We accept payment by Direct Debit, credit cards, paypal or bank transfers. Payment made by credit card will incur the following charges – MasterCard (1.5%), Visa (1.5%) American Express (3.0%).