The COBIT 5 Assessor 3-day certification course is practitioner-level training that focuses on how to apply the COBIT 5 Process Assessment Model (PAM) and how to analyse the results. The assessment results provide a determination of process capability and can be used for process improvement, delivering value to the business, measuring the achievement of current or projected business goals, benchmarking, consistent reporting and organisational compliance.
The course material is supported by practical exercises and case-based scenarios. Candidates learn how to apply the COBIT 5 Assessment approach based on ISO 15504.
The target audience for the training course and certification COBIT® Assessor (3 jours) (ISACA) is:
- Internal & external Auditors who want to add process capability assessments to the scope of their audits,
- IT auditors who want to add process capability assessments to the scope of their audits,
- Consultants who want to be allowed to perform independent process assessments on behalf of their clients.
It is a mandatory requirement for all candidates to have passed the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam before applying for and attending this training and certificate course.
Upon the successful completion of this training course, candidates will know:
- How to perform a process capability assessment using the Assessor Guide: using COBIT 5
- How to apply the Process Assessment Model (PAM) in performing a process capability assessment. Specifically:
- To use the Process Reference Model (PRM), in particular to be able to apply the 37 processes outlined in the PRM,
- To apply and analyse the measurement model in assessing process capability levels,
- To apply and analyse the capability dimension using generic criteria outlined in the PAM.
- Be able to identify and assess the roles and responsibilities in the process capability assessment process
- Be able to perform and assess the 7 steps outlined in the Assessor Guide specifically how to:
- Initiate a process assessment,
- Scope an assessment, using the tools provided and the PAM for the selection of the appropriate processes,
- Plan & Brief the teams,
- Collect & Validate the data,
- Do a process attribute rating,
- Report the findings of the assessment.
Welcome & Introduction
Overview & Recap Foundation – The PAM
- The Process Reference Model (PRM)
- The Process Assessment Model (PAM)
- The Measurement programme
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Assessment team
- Independent Assessments
- Key roles & responsibilities
- Other Participants
- Competency Requirements of Assessors
Initiation of the Assessment
- Pre Assessment
- Determine Assessment Class
- Recommended steps in the initiation phase
- Assessment tools
- The process selection steps
- Mapping the organisation’s processes to the PAM
- Using the scoping tool kit
Planning and Briefing
- Project Management
- Level of Effort Analysis
- The planning and briefing steps
- Data Collection strategies
- Instances of Process Performance
- Evidentiary Requirements
- Data Preparation
- Systematic Data Recording
- During Data Collection
- Data reviews
- Dealing with Data Deficiencies
Process Attribute Rating
- Decision making process
- Using the Rating Scales
- Capability Level rating
- Content explained
- Implications of Gaps or deficiencies
- Assessment results
- Presentation Techniques
Performing as Self-Assessment
- Deciding Processes to Assess
- Determining Capability Level 1
- Determining Capability Levels 2 to 5
- Record & Summarise Results
- Tips and tricks
- Mock exam
Online exam (2h 30mn)
Closing and questions
The official COBIT 5 Implementation certificate exam (APMG/ISACA) is included in the session.
The official COBIT 5 Assessor exam is included as part of the course. The exam consists of 80 multiple-choice questions covering all areas of the COBIT 5 Assessor syllabus, to be answered in 2 hours 30 minutes (or 3 hours 10 minutes for non-native English speakers). This is an open book exam. The required pass mark is 50% or 40 correct answers. The exam takes place immediately at the end of the course.
CISA® - CISM® - CGEIT® - COBIT® - ISO 27001 - ITIL® - PRINCE2® - RESILIA® - VeriSM™ - ISO 20000 - DevOps
The following terms and conditions apply for bookings:
- the session is led by a trainer accredited by ISACA/APMG on the COBIT 5 Assessor domain,
- personalized welcome in the classroom with mineral water and breaks ,
- accredited training material,
- the offical ISACA publication: COBIT 5 - Assessor Guide (printed document),
- the offical ISACA publication: COBIT 5 - Process Assessment Model (PAM) (printed document),
- exam preparation,
- a group of 10 participants max. in order to ensure the quality of the training delivery.
Course fees must be paid at least 10 working days prior to the commencement of the course in order to guarantee your place. We accept payment by Direct Debit, credit cards, paypal or bank transfers. Payment made by credit card will incur the following charges – MasterCard (1.5%), Visa (1.5%) American Express (3.0%).